1. The use of microorganism metabolism to remove pollutants such as oil spills in the water bodies is known as:
2. The largest number of Tiger Reserves are located in:
[B] Andhra Pradesh
[C] Madhya Pradesh
[D] West Bengal
3. The Siberian Crane, an endangered migratory bird is a regular visitor of which of the following national park/bird sanctuaries:
[A] Ranganathittu bird sanctuary
[B] Keoladeo national park
[C] Vedanthangal bird sanctuary
[D] Sultanpur bird sanctuary
4. Which of the following Indian States/UT has the maximum percentage of mangrove cover in the country?
[B] West Bengal
[C] Andaman and Nicobar
5. In an ecotone, the species which become abundant are called:
[A] Edge species
[B] Keystone species
[C] Endemic species
[D] Foster species
6. The word ‘ecology’ (Ökologie) was coined in 1866 by:
[A] Charles Darwin
[B] Robert Whittaker
[C] Arthur Tansley
[D] Ernst Haeckel
7. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
[A] Photochemical smog always contains Ozone.
[B] The toxic effect of Carbon Monoxide is due to its greater affinity for haemoglobin as compared to oxygen.
[C] Lead is the most hazardous metal pollutant of automobile exhaust.
[D] None of the above
8. Identify the non Green-House Gas (GHG) from the following :
[B] Nitrous Oxide
[C] Sulphur Hexafluoride
[D] Carbon Monoxide
9. The highest per capita emitter of Carbon dioxide in the world is:
[D] Saudi Arabia
10. Which of the following is not among the four coral reef regions of India identified by the Government for intensive conservation and management?
[A] Gulf of Mannar
[B] Gulf of Khambat
[C] Lakshadweep Islands
[D] Andaman and Nicobar Islands
11. The relationship between water fern Azolla and cyanobacterium Anabaena is:
12. Which one of the following is a useful biological indicator of Sulphur-dioxide pollution?
[B] Algal blooms
13. In Nitrogen Cycle, soil nitrates are transformed into free nitrogen by:
[A] Nitrifying bacteria
[B] Denitrifying bacteria
[C] Ammonifying bacteria
[D] Both [A] and[C]
14. An aquatic plant introduced from America to check pollution turned out to be a troublesome weed in Indian water bodies. The name of this ‘invasive alien species’ is:
15. ‘Lion-tailed macaque’ is the key faunal species of which Biosphere Reserve?